powerful! Without help it is too much for us. But there
is One who has all power-that One is God. May you find Him now!
Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning
point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.
Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol that our lives had
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God
as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact
nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to
do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact
with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His
will for us and the power to carry that out.